Unpacking New Digital Data Laws Across Europe: Addressing the Digital Markets Act
Watch the recording, where Sidley and OneTrust DataGuidance focus on the new EU legislation regulating big online platforms, the Digital Markets Act (DMA). As the DMA will be soon entering into force, many complex questions as to its implementation are bound to arise.
The panel discussed some of the key open challenges related to the practical enforcement of the DMA, focusing in particular on the interplay between the DMA’s data-related obligations and other regulatory instruments, such as the General Data Protection Regulation.
Key topics include:
- What steps should be taken to manage tensions between the DMA and other legislative instruments?
- How the DMA’s data-related obligations will co-exist with the GDPR?
- Is the High-Level Advisory Group of the DMA sufficiently well equipped to ensure effective cross-disciplinary coordination?
For more information on the entire New Digital Data Laws Across Europe webinar series, click HERE.
- João Vareda – Deputy Head of Unit at DG Competition (European Commission), dealing with antitrust cases in the IT, internet and consumer electronics sectors
- Thomas Zerdick – Head of Unit Supervision and Enforcement, European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS)
- Ken Daly – Managing Partner of Sidley’s Brussels office and co-head of Sidley’s Antitrust/Competition practice
- Monika Zdzieborska – Senior Managing Associate, Sidley’s European Antitrust/Competition practice