Schrems II Fallout Continued: Reaction and Analysis to NEW Standard Contractual Clauses and EDPB Schrems II Recommendations
EDPB Schrems II Recommendations and proposed new Standard Contractual Clauses
Last week was a landmark week for international companies with the European Commission for the first time in 10 years publishing proposed NEW Standard Contractual Clauses (‘SCCs’) which are used by most international companies to transfer data and with the European Data Protection Board (‘EDPB’) publishing NEW Schrems II Recommendations on how to carry out the required assessment of international data transfers post Schrems II. These developments are of key importance to international companies.
Schrems II Fallout Continued
OneTrust DataGuidance hosted Sidley and an expert panel to provide analysis on the new SCCs and the latest EDPB Schrems II Recommendations, and the key questions for organizations in understanding the future of international data flows. In this webinar, we were joined by a cross-industry panel including William Long, Partner at Sidley, Lara Liss, Global CPO at Walgreens Boots Alliance, Lee Parker, Head of Privacy ECP at Biogen, Monika Tomczak-Gorlikowska, CPO at Prosus, and Alan Raul, Partner at Sidley, who picked up on the conversation from the recent Schrems II Fallout webinar.
Key Takeaways included:
- What are key changes with the NEW SCCs and when do companies need to implement them
- In-depth reaction and analysis of the new EDPB Schrems II Recommendations
- Understanding how to carry out a Data Transfer Assessment
- Looking at the Supplementary Measures organisations may need to implement when transferring personal data
- How to plan for international data transfers over the next few months
Further Schrems II Resources
- Get Started: OneTrust DataGuidance Schrems II Portal
- OneTrust DataGuidance Video: EDPB Schrems II Guidance: What You Need To Know
- OneTrust DataGuidance Podcast: That Privacy Podcast | Special Episode Schrems II
- OneTrust DataGuidance Insight: New draft SCCs from the Commission
- OneTrust DataGuidance Blog: The Definitive Guide to Understanding Schrems II
- Slides from this presentation have also been made available for you to download here.