New Release | Schrems II Portal
OneTrust DataGuidance is pleased to introduce the new Schrems II portal giving users access to the most up-to-date Schrems II resources all in one place. The new release includes a Third Country Assessment Comparison in order to assist customers in their compliance with the CJEU judgment and collates the latest Schrems II news and guidance.
New Schrems II Resources
As part of the Schrems II portal, the Third Country Assessment Comparison provides data exporters and importers with key intelligence in their assessment of whether the level of protection required by the GDPR is maintained in the third country to which data is transferred, in order to determine whether SCCs can be complied with. The Comparison addresses jurisdictions' laws regarding human rights, national security surveillance laws, oversight and access limitations, as well as other international commitments to which the jurisdiction may be a party to.
In addition to the Third Country Assessment Comparison, users can now:
- Compare applicable legislation which establishes human rights and fundamental freedoms
- Understand provisions regulating public authority surveillance of personal data
- Assess oversight mechanisms and legal remedies for data subjects
- Track latest news, guidance, comments, and insights on the Schrems II decision
The CJEU’s decision in the Schrems II case brought about sudden changes in the way that businesses must approach data transfers and cast doubt over the effectiveness of data transfer mechanisms such as Standard Contractual Clauses (‘SCCs’). Following the decision, OneTrust introduced free solutions to help organizations manage the challenges brought about by the invalidation of the EU-US Privacy Shield.
Further Schrems II Resources
- OneTrust DataGuidance Webinar: Schrems II Fallout - Dealing With International Transfers Post-Schrems II & Reaction to the EDPB's Recommendations
- OneTrust DataGuidance Podcast: That Privacy Podcast | Special Episode Schrems II
- OneTrust Blog: Schrems II and the Latest SCC Updates
- OneTrust DataGuidance Blog: The Definitive Guide to Understanding Schrems II