China Regulatory Update: The Data Security Law
The Data Security Law of the People’s Republic of China regulates data processing activities, ensures data security, and protects the legitimate rights and interests of individuals and organizations. With an enforcement date of September 1st, 2021, it is crucial that organizations have implemented the key requirements to comply with the law.
Watch OneTrust DataGuidance discuss the Data Security Law, its impact on businesses including new requirements for processing important data, and steps for organizations to ensure compliance.
Webinar: China Regulatory Update: The Data Security Law
Key Takeaways Include:
- An overview and context of China’s new Data Security Law
- The implications of the strict data security and data transfer provisions
- Steps to take in the final weeks of preparation for the law’s enforcement
Further Resources on China's Data Security Law:
- OneTrust News: China: NPC Passes Data Security Law
- OneTrust Video: China Data Security Law: What You Need to Know