South Korea: PIPC announces public consultation on the standards for technical measures
The Personal Information Protection Commission ('PIPC') announced, on 13 November 2020, the commencement of public consultation on the standards to technical measures for personal information controllers. In particular, the standards set out requirements to data controllers and processors, in topics such as:
- the internal policies and responsibilities persons responsible for management of personal data;
- the type of personal data should be encrypted and stored;
- the retention schedules for data stored;
- the destruction process for data; and
- and the control mechanisms to access data by data subjects.
The public consultation commences from the 13 November 2020 and end on the 23 November 2020. Comments may be submitted to [email protected].