Russia: Ministry of Digital Development announces creation of National Cryptography Centre
The Ministry of Digital Development, Telecommunications and Mass Media of the Russian Federation ('the Ministry') announced, on 23 January 2023, the creation of the National Centre for Digital Cryptography. In particular, the Ministry highlighted that the centre will launch in 2024, which aims to introduce and popularise the use of cryptographic protection methods. More specifically, the Ministry noted that the tasks of the centre include:
- the development among domestic manufacturers of cryptographic protection tools;
- the development of personal data protection means;
- maintaining a register of manufacturers of cryptoprotection tools;
- practical training for information security specialists; and
- defined standards in the field of cryptography and information protection.
You can read the announcement, only available in Russian, here.