24 May 2022
Florida: Bill relating to money services businesses signed into law
House Bill ('HB') 273 for an Act relating to money services businesses was signed, on 12 May 2022, into law by the Florida Governor. In particular, HB 273, among other things:
- revises the provisions related to violations of money services business and activities, as well as the penalties of such violations;
- revises the requirements for a money transmitter or payment instrument sellers to conduct business;
- revises the requirements for a written contract between a money transmitter or payment instrument seller and an authorised vendor;
- revises the purpose of the Florida Control of Money Laundering in Money Services Business Act; and
- excludes virtual currency in the calculation of permissible investments.
HB 273 takes effect on 1 January 2023.