California: IAB releases white paper on CTV and OTT compliance with CCPA ahead of CPRA
The Interactive Advertising Bureau ('IAB') released, on 16 November 2021, a white paper addressing companies' compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ('CCPA') within the connected TV ('CTV') and over-the-top ('OTT') marketplace ('the white paper'). In particular, the white paper provides an overview of the CTV/OTT landscape, and aims to provide solutions to ensure that CTV and OTT companies are compliant when the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 ('CPRA') takes effect. As such, the white paper examines:
- stakeholders within the CTV/OTT marketplace;
- how participants disclose and process personal information;
- how they view themselves when applying the CCPA definitions and corresponding compliance obligations;
- whether and what friction points exist when addressing CCPA compliance; and
- potential solutions deserving further exploration.
The IAB also noted that the white paper will be used as a basis to develop recommendations for how opt-outs might work under the CPRA.
You can read the press release and access the white paper here.