Brazil: ANPD issues recommendations to government portal on cookie collection practices
As such, the ANPD recommended, among other things, that the government:
- implement a button for easy viewing of cookie setting options which allows for rejecting all unnecessary cookies;
- disable all consent-based cookies by default and operate with opt-in consent;
- improve its cookies policy by:
- identifying the legal basis used for cookies and using consent as the main basis with the exception of strictly necessary cookies;
- classifying cookies into categories; and
- obtaining specific consent dependent on the identified purposes.
You can read the press release and access the recommendations here, both only available in Portuguese.