A US Federal Privacy Bill is On the Horizon: Get to Know the ADPPA
The American Data Privacy & Protection Act (‘ADPPA’) now pending in Congress has gained heightened attention across the US Privacy landscape in recent months, especially with the enforcement dates of five US states’ privacy laws approaching in 2023. The federal bill has led to great anticipation around how it may impact and potentially preempt state laws should it become law.
Watch the recording to hear a discussion devoted to the ADPPA. In this session, legal experts Michelle Schaap, Member at Chiesa Shahinian Giantomasi PC, and Andy Lee, Partner at Jones Walker LLP, are joined by OneTrust DataGuidance to provide an overview of what the ADPPA entails, look into the provisions related to pre-emption, and compare the bill to other comprehensive privacy laws.
Watch this session to learn about:
- Key provisions of the ADPPA
- Concerns around pre-emption of state privacy laws
- Comparison of ADPPA to GDPR and CPRA
Donwload the Webinar Slide Presentation HERE.
Further Resources on ADPPA:
- [Legal Guide] Comprehensive Guide to Comparing US Privacy Laws
- [Blog] The Ultimate Guide to US Privacy Laws
- [Insight] USA: Permitted Processing Purposes Under the ADPPA
- [Insight] ADPPA - Road to a US Federal Privacy Law
- [Webinar Recording] Understanding the New CPRA Draft Regulations & The ADPPA
- [OneTrust Webinar Series] Join The US Privacy Masterclass