Thailand PDPA: What You Need to Know
The Thailand Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) effective date has been postponed to June 1, 2022, to help reduce the burdens on companies and organisations amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. With the effective date being postponed, it is important for organisations to evaluate their privacy policies and ensure they are adequately prepared for the upcoming compliance requirements.
Thailand PDPA: What You Need to Know Webinar
OneTrust DataGuidance is joined by partners for a webinar discussing the key requirements involved in Thailand's Personal Data Protection Act and the recent postponement of the effective date.
Key Takeaways Include:
- New effective date of June 1, 2022
- Obligations for compliance and exemptions for select organisations
- Sub-regulations that impact the key requirements under the PDPA
- Achieving compliance under the PDPA
Further resources for privacy compliance for Thailand PDPA:
- OneTrust DataGuidance News: BREAKING: Thailand: Cabinet approves draft decree postponing enforcement of PDPA for another year
- OneTrust DataGuidance News: Thailand: PDPA second postponement under consideration
- OneTrust DataGuidance Guidance Note: EU - Thailand: GDPR v. PDPA