USA: NIST requests public comments on review of cryptography standards and Special Publications
The National Institute of Standards and technology ('NIST') announced, on 10 May 2021, that it is in the process of the period review of some of its cryptography standards and Special Publications ('SP') and is requesting comments on the same. In particular, NIST highlighted that it is reviewing:
- Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 197, Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), 2001;
- NIST SP 800-38A, Recommendation for Block Cipher Modes of Operation: Methods and Techniques, 2001;
- NIST SP 800-38A Addendum, Recommendation for Block Cipher Modes of Operation: Three Variants of Ciphertext Stealing for CBC Mode, 2010;
- NIST SP 800-15, Minimum Interoperability Specification for PKI Components (MISPC), Version 1, 1998;
- NIST SP 800-25, Federal Agency Use of Public Key Technology for Digital Signatures and Authentication, 2000; and
- NIST SP 800-32, Introduction to Public Key Technology and the Federal PKI Infrastructure, 2001.
Comments can be submitted to [email protected] until 11 June 2021.
You can read the press release here.