Guernsey: ODPA publishes guidance on direct marketing
The Office of the Data Protection Authority (ODPA) published, on May 4, 2023, guidance on direct marketing, which aims to guide and assist companies, with the use of practical examples, to carry out marketing activities in compliance with privacy-related legislation. In particular, the guidance covers the following, among other things:
- the meaning of direct marketing;
- business-to-business (B2B) and marketing to individuals;
- online advertising and consent requirements;
- direct marketing using social media;
- conditions for lawful processing of personal data; and
- the use of silent calls and automated calling systems.