California: CPPA Board releases public comments in response to request for comments on CPRA proposed rulemaking
The California Privacy Protection Agency Board ('CPPA Board') released, on 13 December 2021, the written submissions in response to its call for public comment on proposed rulemaking under the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 ('CPRA'), which ended on 8 November 2021. The topics for public comment included, among others:
- processing posing significant risks to consumers;
- automated decision-making;
- audits by the CPPA Board;
- matters around consumer rights;
- information to be provided in response to a consumer request to know; and
- matters around definitions and categories of information and activities.
The public comments are available on the CPPA Board website here.