Current status: Deal
The transition period ended on 31 December 2020. The outcome of negotiations, namely the EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement, were announced on 24 December 2020.
Following a referendum in June 2016, the United Kingdom ('UK') officially withdrew from its membership of the European Union ('EU') on 31 January 2020. A transition period, which had been established as part of a Withdrawal Agreement, immediately began and is set to end on 31 December 2020. OneTrust DataGuidance is committed to bringing you the latest information and regulatory know-how how best to prepare for the end of transition and what the consequences of the UK's decision may mean. We will be continuing to update this page to bring together all the resources needed.
What's in this portal?
- News: Latest Brexit developments
- Insights: Articles and opinions on key Brexit events and requirements
- Brexit FAQs: Frequently asked questions, including what terms mean, new compliance requirements, and recommended best practices
- Resources: Links to key laws and guidelines, organised by jurisdictional area
- DPA 2018 text: The text of the UK's Data Protection Act 2018 (as currently applied)
- UK GDPR amendments: The text of the amendments that will develop the UK GDPR and modify the Data Protection Act 2018
- Applicable laws: Table of relevant laws and how they apply post-transition period
- Guidance Notes: Collection of detailed Guidance Notes and data protection concerns in the UK